Littelfuse, Inc., an industrial technology manufacturing company empowering a sustainable, connected, and safer world, is excited to announce the availability of the MITI-7L Reed Switch Series.
These ultra-miniature reed switches provide longer life and higher reliability than currently available in existing 7 mm reed switches, achieving millions of cycles.
Their extensive longevity exceeds the requirements for industrial reed relays, test equipment, and security applications. These reed switches also have a close differential feature that is well-suited for sensitive applications, such as security and alarm systems.
The MITI-7L is a normally open switch with a 7 mm x 1.8 mm (0.276” x 0.071”) glass envelope, which can switch up to 10 W. It has a sensitivity range of 6-25 AT. They provide a high insulation resistance of 1011 ohms (minimum) and a low contact resistance of less than 150 milliohms. These reed switches are also available in a surface mount version, the MISM-7L.
The MITI-7L and MISM-7L Reed Switch Series are ideally suited for markets that require long-life cycles and high reliability, such as:
- Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) for power semiconductor testing,
- Small and large appliances, and
- Security and alarm systems.
The MITI-7L key benefits and differentiators include:
- High reliability and prolonged lifecycle: Extensively tested and proven to achieve millions of operation cycles, a significant advantage over currently available 7 mm reed switches.
- Design flexibility: The ultra-miniature magnet size and wide sensitivity range enable use in more challenging applications.
- PCB space savings: Extremely compact size, lightweight, and available surface-mount version helps reduce product size.
- Suitable for harsh environments: Hermetically sealed and meets cULus requirements.
“The MITI-7L is an extension of our existing product line, which helps our end customers with significantly higher efficiency and longer lifetime,” said Wayne Wang, Global Product Manager at Littelfuse. “The minimal risk of failure is especially critical to applications such as in power semiconductor automatic test equipment.”