Electronics Weekly announced 2022 Elektra Awards, the industry’s largest technology and business awards.
There were nine nominated products in the category of passives and inter-connects.
Passive & Electromechanical Product of the Year
- Harting – Han-Modular Domino modules
- Molex – Molex quad-row board-to-board connectors
- Panasonic Industry Europe – High current power inductor M15A0MF
- Panasonic Industry Europe – High voltage 500V high precision thin film chip resistor – ERA*P
- Panasonic Industry Europe –JX series: ultra-low ESR capacitor with high reliability
- Panasonic Industry Europe – R35K connector
- Snaptron – SQ-Series domes
- STMicroelectronics – ISM330IS — iNEMO
- Vishay Intertechnology – MCB RAME012
… and the winner is:
Snaptron – SQ-Series domes
Snaptron SQ-Series Tactile Domes are innovative, robust tactile dome contacts with a unique shape that allows them to be durable and reliable while maintaining an exceptional tactile feel. SQ-Series domes are square and have four “ball-shaped” feet. They are specified to 10 million cycles – the industry’s highest life rating. SQ-Series domes come in various sizes, or you can request a custom SQ dome with higher trip forces, not obtainable in traditional dome designs. the smallest of the SQ-Series, measures 4mm in diameter (across) and 3.3mm on the sides. It is one of the smallest tactile domes available on the market today. Although small, it offers 200 grams of trip force, unprecedented for a dome of this size. This is particularly beneficial for applications where circuit board space is minimal.