This Würth Elektronik webinar discusses PCB rigid-flex soldermask or coverlay options, compare its benefits and limitations.
Rigid-flex printed circuit boards often differ not only in their application-specific design but also in the stackup and coating of the flex areas. While the rigid areas are covered with a standard green solder resist, as with rigid PCBs, two different coatings are used for the flexible areas: flexible solder resist, or flex mask for short, and Coverlay. But: What exactly differentiates the two options and when is a choice actually possible?
Learn more in this webinar about
- the type and properties of the coatings
- the processes for application and structuring
- the respective use in the WE portfolio “Flex solutions”
- the criteria for use in selected applications
- the differences in the design rules
- the comparison of performance, effort and costs